Join a Team
How It Works
Want to take advantage of the amazing opportunities the ZIP Launchpad has to offer but don't have a team? Don't fret! You can apply to a pre-existing team and be apart of this amazing experience in five simple steps.
- Give Your Information: Fill out the form below.
- ZIP Review : We'll review the information and speak to our teams to find a good match.
- Team Review: Teams will review their needs with your background and determine if your experience and skills are what they are looking for.
- Get an Interview: You will get a chance to meet and interview with a team to decide if both parties will be a good-fit for one another.
- Get Accepted: If all goes well and both parties mutually agree to work with one another, congratulations, you're accepted!
Note: If it is not a good match, don't worry, we will continue to look for other teams that may be a better match for you.
Join A TeamJoin a Team Form
Students and Faculty
You must be an active SDSU student or faculty.
Students looking for a team:
Recruit Team MembersSeek Team Members
Active ZIP Teams
You must be an active ZIP Launchpad team.
Teams who are currently looking for members:
Other students who have participated in a start-up describe the experience as extremely rewarding. One of the major benefits we have heard over and over again is the real-life opportunity of putting the skills you learned or learning in college into practice.
Other benefits include the opportunity to work in a dynamic work environment, solve problems in real-time and gain insight into the daily operations of a start-up. Most importantly, you will work along side a team that is making a real impact.
Joining a team is a commitment to work with a ZIP Launchpad start-up team. The team's responsibility to you is to provide clear communication and work expectations.
*When adding a team member (or removing a team member), it is important to set clear expectations. Team are strongly encouraged to seek guidance from a lawyer when adding or removing a team member with regards to potential IP ownership, ownership expectations and other considerations. The ZIP Launchpad offers probono legal guidance through office hours and legal workshops. The relationship between a team and its current as well as future team members is the responsibility of the team founder, typically CEO.