Join a Team
How It Works
Joining a start-up is an incredible and rewarding experience. The ZIP Launchpad houses a variety of start-up teams working on bringing their idea to life. Ideas span across a wide range of industries from retail to high-tech.
Regardless of your experience and major, we can help you find an opportunity that
fits your interest.
We match your interest and background to a team in the ZIP Launchpad
- Based on the information you provide, your information is forwarded to the team that matches best to your interest and background.
- The team upon reviewing your background will contact you to set up a meeting.
- During the meeting, the team will review their needs with your background to mutually determine if the match is a good fit.
- Assuming interest by the team, then your role and scope will be mutually agreed upon.
- If it is not a good match, we will continue to look for other teams that may be a better match.
Students and Faculty
-Join A Team-
You must be an active SDSU student or faculty.
Students looking for a team:
Active ZIP Teams
-Recruit Team Members-
You must be an active ZIP Launchpad team.
Teams who are currently looking for members:
Other students who have participated in a start-up describe the experience as extremely rewarding. One of the major benefits we have heard over and over again is the real-life opportunity of putting the skills you learned or learning in college into practice.
Other benefits include the opportunity to work in a dynamic work environment, solve problems real-time and gain insight into the daily operations of a start-up. Most importantly, you will work along side a team that is making a real impact.
Joining a team is a commitment to work with a ZIP Launchpad start-up team. The team's responsibility to you is to provide clear communication and work expectations.