APPLICATIONS OPEN EVERY SEMESTER
Fall 2020: March 12 - September 13
Applying to the ZIP Launchpad
- Take a look at the Sample Application
- The sample application gives an understanding of the language and detail that we expect from applications to the ZIP Launchpad in order for us to understand your idea.
- Complete a Draft Application
- Make an attempt at filling out the application on f6s. Breaking down your idea into a problem, solution, and competitive analysis will make the idea easier to understand and allow us to better help you.
- Get feedback at Idea Office Hours
- We have idea office hours available with one-on-one help available from the ZIP staff for improving your idea and application. The applicants who come in for help have a much better chance of being admitted to the program.
- Sign up for an Application Innovation Workshop
While this is not required, it is highly recommended. Teams that follow the process as outlined in the application innovation workshop are 60% more likely to be accepted. If the dates provided conflict with school or work, please email [email protected].
- Follow the guidance provided in the Application Innovation Workshop including but not limited to completing at least 10 customer interviews.
- Check out the Rubric
- The rubric is a general guideline for how the selection committee scores and chooses applications to the ZIP Launchpad. You can use it to score your own application or come in to idea office hours and ZIP staff can work with you to improve your score.
- If you've completed your application, don't forget to submit! ZIP staff can always reset your application if there are changes you'd like to add, but we don't review applications that have not been sumitted.
ZIP Launchpad will not accept ideas in the following areas: Cannabis, Alcohol, Gambling, and other areas by discretion.
Why should I apply to the ZIP Launchpad: