Work With The Lab
ZIP Launchpad Teams
ZIP Launchpad Teams: The H.G. Fenton Company Idea Lab can help develop your demo in 1-2 weeks. Technical student interns are available to assist with early stage product development and company identity.
Prerequisites for accessing H.G.Fenton Company Idea Lab services:
Approval from your ZIP Advisor
- Lab Intake Form
Prototyping Support for Fowler College of Business Entrepreneurship Students:
To begin, please submit a lab intake form by November 18th for Fall 2022 & April 14th for Spring 2023
*If you are unable to submit a lab intake form by these dates, we cannot proceed with your prototype
- Submit a lab intake form for in-depth video creation with Powtoon
- After submitting a lab intake form, a ZIP Launchapd graphic design intern will contact you to arrange a meeting
- After meeting with a ZIP Launchpad graphic design intern, you will be allowed 1 revision after completion if necessary. The more detail you provide, the lower the likelihood you will need a revision.
At the H.G. Fenton Company Idea Lab we have engineers and designers on staff to support your entrepreneurial and product development efforts. If you attended the ZIP Launchpad Rapid Prototyping Workshop, then you are eligible to receive a free hardware or software prototype in the form of a 3D render. Please follow these steps to access the service:
- Intake Form: Use the link below to show what your project is and share details as to what your
expectations for your deliverables are. Please complete this before your scheduled
design meeting. The information you input will be discussed in the design meeting.
Fall 2022 Lab Intake Form
- Design Meeting: Meet with the Lab Manager to agree on a final deliverable and to learn the approach
we will take. There will be a variety of options available to you such as:
- 3D printed prototypes
- We allow 1 revision after completion if necessary. The more detail you provide, the lower the likelihood you will need a revision
- Delivery: You will receive your prototype via email or if a 3D Print you will be asked to pick it up at the H.G. Fenton Company Idea Lab at EIS-101 from 10AM-4PM Monday-Friday.